Due to Passengers busiest and most successful year yet, we are now recruiting for an experienced Mobile Lead to join our growing and talented team.
Passenger has an established Android and an iOS mobile platform that's rolled out to over 70 bus Operators across the UK. We provide white labelled apps with their own store presence and theme configuration. Our platform also powers our multi-operator app, myTrip. All of our apps use our own APIs for things like buying tickets and journey planning, as well as using common services such as Google Maps. The iOS codebase is fully migrated to Swift and the Android codebase is predominantly Kotlin.
Who you are
An experienced developer, you will be an expert in either iOS or Android development and know enough about the mobile ecosystem as a whole to direct and support both.
This role is suited to an engineer with the capability of leading the mobile team forward as a unit and includes line management of at least three other engineers. This role will work closely with other lead engineers and report to the CTO.
The key responsibilities are
- Maintain and improve the quality of our industry leading apps.
- Onboard new customers, seeking to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Lead the architecture/implementation planning of new features.
- Set the strategy for mobile, and how mobile capability is delivered.
- Support the Product team with useful end user metrics to help inform decisions.
Experience and skills we need
- Leading a team of engineers.
- Swift or Kotlin development of mobile apps.
- Experience and skills we like
- Public transport industry experience.
- Agile and product development experience.
- SQL and NoSQL experience.
- Continuous delivery and deployment.
- Monitoring, alerting and observability.
What we offer
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation.
- A pension scheme that increases with long service.
- EMI share options which increase with long service.
- 23 days holiday which increases with long service, plus Bank Holidays.
- Training budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company.
- Optional private medical health care through Bupa for yourself & your family.
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Funds to purchase optical wear and medical vaccinations.
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- A fun and friendly office in Bournemouth for staff who wish to use it.
- A culture where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Colleagues and managers who support you to be the best you can be with quarterly reviews, structured CPD and a dedicated training budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days, and celebrations.
This is an exciting time to join the UK’s top rated public transport app provider as we are scaling rapidly, providing all employees opportunity for personal and professional growth, along with career development.
If you too are a champion of sustainable transport and this sounds like the kind of place you belong, then we would love to hear from you.